Your pool system is a delicate system that relies on many pieces of equipment like filters and pumps to operate properly. PH and alkaline levels affected by rain and too much rainwater in the pool system is often a problem. Here are five things every Tarzana homeowner should do after a heavy rainstorm that can create a pool maintenance nightmare if neglected.
5 Post-Rain Pool Maintenance Cleaning Tips
- If there are trees in your backyard and leaves have fallen into the pool make sure to skim them all from the surface. Also, check the filter baskets and remove any debris and leaves from there as well.
- A rainstorm combined with heavy winds also blows all sorts of nasty things into the swimming pool. Make sure to brush the walls above the water line that will also remove any of the nasty build up.
- Shocking your pool will eliminate any of the contaminants that got into the water potentially making it unsafe for swimming.
- Check the water chemistry levels and adjusted back to normal. A light rainstorm should not affect the safe water chemistry levels too much but definitely need checking after heavier storms.
- It’s a good idea to check the pool pump and also filter. Debris and other contaminants clog filters and backwashing will help fix circulation issues.
Be prepared before the rains and winds arrive. Things get blown around laying near the pool when winds arrive and need storing indoors. That includes floats, furniture and other things that can end up in the water.
Expert Tarzana Pool Services
Need help caring for your pool or found that the water has turned green from a recent rainstorm? Don’t let it turn into an unsightly eyesore. Our aquatic technicians can assit.. Call today to schedule an appointment to restore your swimming pool back to blue!